Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 6 yellow potatoes, sliced evenly to speed up cooking time
- 1/2 cup plain organic soymilk
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
This recipe saved our meal last night, in my opinion. Mashed potatoes are always great, but I think the secret ingredient here--celery salt--really makes the dish. They have a great fresh taste on top of the garlic flavor.Accessibility:
This recipe is easy to make. If you don't have an electric mixer, a potato masher will work just fine. I just prefer the electric mixer because it creates the creaminess that I like.Ease of Preparation:
These potatoes aren't difficult to make, but it does take a bit of time to cook the potatoes.Non-vegan friendliness:
I've made these potatoes many times and they're always popular. My extended family raved about them at Christmas and everyone liked them last night. It's hard to mess up mashed potatoes.
Now it's time to eat!